.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

TerryRoars

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Rohrs finally have a web presence

Welcome to the TerryRoars blog. Publication of this blog marks the first time I have published anything on the web. 'Bout time. I've been standing in the shadows for far too long, and though "Roaring" is not my style, I thought it would be a fun way to play with our last name.

I had an old friend who used to always make a roaring sound when he ran into me in the halls at UTI. Maybe it was corny, but I appreciated it nonetheless.

If you have any topic you'd like to know about, feel free to add a comment. Who knows, maybe this is a great way to interact with family and friends without having to wade through chain mail, frightening messages about computer viruses, and junk mail about drugs and Rolex watches.

I promise to try to keep up with this blog as much as possible. I want to emphasize one caveat: if you need to hear back from me right away, or get me a personal message immediately, please DO avail yourself of the old fashioned phone or e-mail. If you know me, you have it.

Thanks, and if you like this blog let me know.
(I've placed a picture of our new dog companion, Tater in this post just to test my image placement capabilities.)


4 Comments:

  • I love the pictures including the great pic of Tater! Don't worry, I am not about to get you started on artichokes but I will brag that I got to ride a couple of horses today. Great site so far! -Stacy 'roars'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/28/2005 11:26 PM  

  • Don't be afraid to leave your name, or at least a nickname.

    By Blogger Terry R, at 2/03/2005 1:28 PM  

  • Terry, are you blogging from a Mac? If so, would you be able to help me with image placement because I'm sucking at working it out!

    PS. Drove through Castroville once (I'm originally from Australia) and thought it was great. But then, I love artichokes (g) And I also love Jackson Browne :-)

    By Blogger Gabrielle, at 2/10/2005 6:45 AM  

  • Thanks for the comment, Gabrielle. Yes, I work on a Mac. I'm no web designer, so a CD I bought from lynda.com was very helpful. "Learning Blogger with Molly E. Holzschlag" walked me through all the steps. The only thing she wasn't able to prepare me for was that Blogger's WYSIWYG posting feature was not supported on the Mac-that does suck. Even so, even on a PC I think you still need to use some HTML to enable you to post with photos. I also had to learn how to upload my images to an independent server...in this case the free web space we already owned through our ISP. Blogger also had a help page that addressed the subject at http://help.blogger.com/bin/
    answer.py?answer=324&topic=17
    There's a bit of code you can "lift" there, but for a total web design newbie like me, it took a while for it to sink in. Molly's advise was most helpful, telling about image attributes to add to the code to make it more user friendly to all web viewers, using external image servers, adding links to larger versions of your images, etc. I liked her indepth teaching style, too. Hope this is helpful!

    By Blogger Terry R, at 2/10/2005 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to comment anonymously. But, by leaving your email address, I can contact you privately and off-blog. I won't sell your name or email to anyone, I promise!



<< Home