.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

TerryRoars

Sunday, July 20, 2008

NICE Creative's First Booksigning Event

Wow, NICE Creative's first author booksigning and reading of "Life to the Max: Maxims for a Great Life by a Dog named Max" is drawing near. I hope you will be able to join us on August 9 at 11:00 AM, at the Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe: 6428 S. McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85283, phone 480-730-0205. Click McClintock at Guadalupe for a map to the bookstore.

Max's little sister Amber Grace will be there, along with some of his friends to help Max-imize your attitude with maxims from Max's many life experiences, (as told to his mom, Robin Reynolds.)

I'll be there too; though I only knew Max posthumously, his story really did touch my heart, and illustrating and designing his book brought me much closer to him. I want to be there to help Max spread the word about animal rescue and adoption. After all, our own Tater Tot is a rescued dog, (literally off our neighborhood streets!) We adopted her after we realized no one was coming for her and the shelter didn't hold out much faith in her "adopt-ability."

This happens far too often to be comforted by the fact that traditional shelters are trying to do more to find foster homes and forever homes for the animals left in their care. Rescue groups step in where others won't, and so Max has chosen to give 10% of every book sold at this event, as well as on his website, to Airedale Terrier Rescue. Plus, those who buy a book will get a really nice dog tag, engraved with "Live Life to the MAX!" on one side and room for a pet's name on the other.

Hope you can come!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • The booksigning event was a stupendous success. We thank everyone for coming! To all the folks who came I hope you like the little pet tags and that you'll enjoy reading your books. Remember every book we sold added 10% to the local Airedale rescue group, Southwest Airedale Terrier Rescue. Don't forget Max's last and most important maxim to "live life to the MAX!"

    By Blogger Terry R, at 8/09/2008 7:42 PM  

  • Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Many thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2017 4:05 PM  

  • To Anonymous, who asks about getting listed on Yahoo News: Unfortunately, I have no experience with them, and wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction. I do know that it sometimes takes a lot of digging and research on the site and in Google search to obtain the information you need. Be persistent, and Good Luck!

    By Blogger Terry R, at 1/12/2018 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to comment anonymously. But, by leaving your email address, I can contact you privately and off-blog. I won't sell your name or email to anyone, I promise!



<< Home