.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

TerryRoars

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Surprise for Thanksgiving Menu: Castroville Cookies


Being a self-described Artichoke Evangelist from Castroville, California, I thought it was time to look up some recipes for Thanksgiving using my favorite vegetable! Of course, one of my all-time faves is Nonnie's fried artichoke hearts (aka Artichoke Fritters), but imagine my surprise when I found artichoke cookies!

This recipe for "Castroville Cookies" was found at OceanMist.com, where I find many of my artichoke recipes. I haven't tried it yet, but I promise to post my own picture and taste test review after I've made them. I'm such a cookie monster, 'bout time my love for artichokes and cookies came together!

[Photo credit: Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, CA www.oceanmist.com]

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Just so I don't get in trouble with all the other artichoke officiandos out there--yes, I know artichokes are NOT a veggie. They are a flower bud!

    By Blogger Terry R, at 11/18/2009 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to comment anonymously. But, by leaving your email address, I can contact you privately and off-blog. I won't sell your name or email to anyone, I promise!



<< Home