.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

TerryRoars

Friday, November 14, 2008

Guest Writer Lynn: Voting Day Success

My sister Lynn continues her story about encouraging her young neighbors to vote:

Voting day was a great experience with the girls. My Goddaughter had classes that day so I went twice. The volunteers in our local township office actually gave me a round of applause the second time and laughed because they said I was “dragging them off the street.” Mostly I was impressed how prepared they both were. We had two propositions on our ballot, one for medicinal use of marijuana and the other was for stem cell research. Two very powerful votes, and they had given them a lot of thought. I do not know how they voted but they did learn they definitely can be undecided, and I learned to trust the next generation to make good decisions for the future. I am proud of them both and it was a good day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to comment anonymously. But, by leaving your email address, I can contact you privately and off-blog. I won't sell your name or email to anyone, I promise!



<< Home